OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Middle of Day Tourneys
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:33 am 

Could you guys please schedule the tourneys during prime time hours? (6-9pm) I REALLY wanna play the 1v1 constructed satellite AND the free super sealed tomorrow but I'm at work at 3PM in the afternoon and I'm sure most other players are at school or otherwise as well. I realize there are international players but perhaps there could be a proxy tourney the same day?

I want to support this game and give you (more) money. Please let me!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Middle of Day Tourneys
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:48 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

Where exactly are you? I believe there are evening tourneys for both America and Europe. Asia does not have them.

If you are in US, those at 3pm are meant for Europe.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:21 am 

I heard that they were changing the tournament schedule, but it seems the planned changes have not gone in effect.

Right now, the tournament schedule is a mess.

You can currently see only 1 day ahead, making it almost impossible to plan ahead schedule wise.

And there does seem to be an awfully large amount of mid day tournaments, at least by California time standards. Don't want to deprive anyone else farther east of games, but don't forget to have good ones that start 18-19-20:00.

I think it would be very beneficial if every day consisted of something like 4 of the same satellite at like 8:00, 13:00, 16:00, 21:00 every day. Then you could sprinkle in a low cost /free/super/grand tournament of a different format at 11:00 and 19:00 for a little extra flavor. Specific start times are not so important as the 2-3 hour gaps in between the different tournaments to allow for completion, allowing more time for the satellites than the "extras." This might encourage more players to enter into satellites and result in Qualifiers being launched.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:10 pm 

Hi, as Koala noted we are about to put up a brand new tournament schedule. The reason why you can't see them far in advance now is because we are putting up the new schedule any day now and I didn't want to repeat the old schedule (just gotta finish entering it all in today).

The new schedule takes into account the feedback we received so far on tournaments from dojadoug, Fantom Koala, etc. All tournaments will have a minimum of 4 players, free and low cost options will be part of the regular schedule, and sit-n-go's will be lower cost and only require 4 players to start. chrism will make an announcement on this when it's up and running.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:47 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I knew I shouldnt open my 10 packs yesterday and waited for this :). But next week I will be out, so dont put sealed tourneys there! :) I need sealed sattelites.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]